There are so many options available when it comes to choosing a new garage door. With the hundreds of sizes, styles, colors, and finishes, it can get confusing trying to find a door that looks great but is also functional and secure.
Keeping Everyone Safe
It’s important for commercial garage door safety features to be integrated into your door. You want to ensure you and others are safe from any problems caused by a malfunctioning door. If any part of the garage door mechanism isn’t working properly, it can cause excess wear and tear, which can lead to potential safety hazards.
This is also important if your business premises has a garage and you have several employees who use the doors on a daily basis. You want to ensure that your commercial property and belongings are safe and secure from potential thieves.
What to Look Out For
Here are some important features that you must consider to maximize your commercial garage door safety:
- Photo-eye or motion sensors mounted at six inches above the ground to detect nearby movement and either activate the outdoor lights or stop the garage door from closing.
- Auto-reverse to stop or reverse the door in case this is an obstruction.
- Openers with circuit boards ensure the door close within a set amount of time; if not, the door will reverse.
- A quick-release mechanism that disconnects the door in case something gets trapped under it, or in the event of a power outage.
- Reverse on contact where the garage door will stop closing and will reverse back up if it encounters at least 15 pounds of pressure or resistance.
To check that your commercial garage door safety is optimal, or to get a residential service price estimate, contact Colorado Overhead Door today.