During summer vacations many families make most of the day – relaxing. A chance to recover from all the stress and hard work done through the year.
Some may work on home improvements, or on their garden or on rearranging the garage.
As schools are out and the house is full of kids again, the number of home accidents tend to increase.
Some of them involve the largest moving object in the house, the garage door.
This moving object that keeps our home and family safe from weather and burglars, is commonly overlooked.
Garage doors should and must be considered as hazardous mechanical devices that without proper care, could cause severe injuries to our children and loved ones.
Garage door safety
At Colorado Overhead Door CO, customers and their families are our number one priority.
For over 30 years, we have provided special and personalized attention to all our customers and their families. Fitting our service to their needs and safety requirements.
We would like to share with you some suggestions to keep your overhead garage door and home environment safe for you and your family.
- Remember garage doors are not toys.
- Children should never be allowed to play with the garage door or its operating system.
- Children should never stand, run or play under or near any garage doors, especially when the door is opened or moving.
- Keep remote controls or wall mounted entry keypads for garage door opener systems, out of reach of children at all times.
- The wall mounted entry keypads for a garage door operating system should be mounted at least five feet off the floor, out of the reach of children.
- Never stand or walk under a moving garage door.
- Never try to enter or exit the garage by racing under a moving garage door.
- When opening or closing the garage door, always keep the door in view until the door is fully opened or fully closed.
- Make certain that no adults or children try to enter or exit while the door is closing.
- Keep fingers and hands away from door sections when the door is opening or closing to avoid injury.
Most important of all keep your garage door properly maintained to keep it operating safely.
Annual maintenance by a trained service technician is essential.
At Colorado Overhead Door Co, all of our employees are licensed professionals, ready to provide you with the best attention and service in the market.
Get in touch with us for a free estimate.